BigBlueButton is a synchronous learning tool that allows instructors to host live online classes, office hours or other meetings within their Moodle course. Students can also collaborate in groups within the course.
Its features include:
- A private room with audio, video, presentation and whiteboard capabilities allowing students to be fully engaged in the online environment.
- User authentication so each course can have its own private and secure room accessible from within the course.
- A recording feature that allows online courses to be automatically recorded and posted in Moodle.
You can watch an introductory video that goes over some of the basics of using BigBlueButton as a student.
For more support please visit the BigBlueButton Support Site.
To access BigBlueButton:
- Login to Moodle and click on your course link from the dashboard.
- On the course homepage, locate the BigBlueButton session link under a topic/week section .
- Click on the BigBlueButton session link.
- Click Join Session to enter the BBB session room. NOTE: If you do not see the “Join Session” button, your instructor may have set the session to be available during a specific time frame. You would need to confirm the session availability dates with your instructor.
Once you join the session you will automatically enter the BBB session room in a new window. Refer to the above video tutorial for an overview of what you will see when you enter the session and the features you can use as a viewer and participant in the session.