Guidelines for Electronic Tutoring
Although we normally recommend face-to-face appointments, due to COVID-19 health concerns, all tutoring will be ONLINE ONLY through Summer 2020 and until further notice.
- For online tutoring, students must register and make an appointment through our website mcneese.mywconline.com
- Students must submit the following when requesting an online review:
- Explanation of what student needs assistance with
- Written copy of the assignment
- Rubric or grading guide, if instructor has provided one
- Draft to be reviewed as a Word file.
These can be uploaded after selecting an online appointment.
Document turn-around is generally within 24 hours. Students are advised that electronic tutoring is done during Writing Center hours. Submissions should be made with these time constraints in mind. Papers submitted after 11 a.m. on Friday will not be reviewed until Monday at the earliest.
Students are advised that tutors who review work electronically do not make corrections or revisions to drafts, but will make comments separate from the body of the paper.
The student should receive an e-mail when the tutor has uploaded comments. To find them, open the appointment and look for a newly attached document from the tutor.
Students are reminded to schedule follow-up appointments after making revisions for more in-depth feedback on written work.
Questions/concerns or need other accommodations? Email email@example.com.